[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 120

dmotd inaudible at simplesuperlativ.es
Wed Nov 4 16:20:53 CET 2009

oh come now, i really commiserate with a
bad work situation, but i have a hard
time really sympathising with anyone
taking on work from a large arts
beurocracy. it is often the case that
you leave your passion at the door - and
i have found that there are many people
with less a commitment to creation and
creativity that fulfill these rolls far
better than artists do.

- sorry dan, its awful working somewhere
  you hate, but i'm sure there are many
  folks that could fill your shoes.

to say that there is a future making a
certain artwork is as vague as
suggesting that an invention is
commercially viable. if you *have* to
make artwork, then you probably will,
outside of economic imperative, and its
more than likely you will pay for its
existence and continued existence
thereafter.

but if you are prepared to forgo the
creative challenges and use skills in
ways that make you employable. then
there are a number of ways to do so, and
most likely there are many small
creative organisations in your area that
require someone with both creative and
technical talent - and more often than
not their application of your talents
will challenge and push you into areas
you are not currently aware.

and besides if you have the right
personality type and the essense of some
talent than there's a good chance you
will get all accesses to the inner
sanctum of 'art'. just don't hold your
breath.