[PD] Very large patches unstable?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 01:45:17 CET 2009

Mathieu Bouchard escribió:
>> Also, the part of not telling the name was a kind of a joke since I
>> _thought_ it was clear I was talking about Miller.
>
> We have no idea. We still have no info about your bug about big patches,
> except that it's about big patches and that it frustrates you.

Errr........

You are confusing me.

No, right now I am not working on any big patch and I am not
experimenting any frustrating bug.

(
Well, actually, right now I am working with GEM and even with a dozen of
objects I experiment some sudden crashes every now and then which have
brought me to the point that I now hit CTRL+S without even realising.
But that's almost surely GEM, and I won't even care until I test it on
the target machine which is a mac (me on windows now) with dunnow-which
version of Extended (me using vanilla + the last gem).
)

The one that was reporting a specific problem was the guy who started
the thread; I was just speaking in general terms. I had some problems
with huge patches in the past; I usually had strict deadlines so I had
to go on with whatever workaround saved the show.

When I mentioned the fact that Miller fixed some bug I reported, it was
not supposed to matter what bug since it is now fixed...

 >>  Wait wait wait, i'm SORRY for the terrible MISUNDERSTANDING here -
 >> well i'd rather call it MISEXPLAINING to place the blame on the right
 >> place, which is on me.

 > That's what the problem is. I want you to put the blame on a piece of
 > code, not on any person, even you.

Errrr..... no, I meant the blame about the misunderstanding: I don't
like the word "misunderstanding" because it seems to blame the person
who misunderstood, while the responsible may perfectly be the person who
didn't explain clearly.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com