[PD] Very large patches unstable?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 3 22:41:02 CET 2009

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> You are confusing me. No, right now I am not working on any big patch
> and I am not experimenting any frustrating bug.

I'm sorry.

> Well, actually, right now I am working with GEM and even with a dozen of
> objects I experiment some sudden crashes every now and then which have
> brought me to the point that I now hit CTRL+S without even realising.

There are so many ways to bring Pd to its knees by doing funny patching,
that it's a good idea to hit Ctrl+s often, especially when I have many
patches and subpatches and am bound to forget what are the changes I made
since last crash. It's quite often not Pd's fault at all. Whether I do
infinite recursion, boundless [until], flooding the console, testing a new
external I wrote too quickly, or do something well-defined that just
happens to want 50000% CPU, it's all the same, Ctrl+s, Ctrl+s, Ctrl+s, ...