[PD] Very large patches unstable?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:49:24 CET 2009

Mathieu Bouchard escribió:

>> Well, actually, right now I am working with GEM and even with a dozen
>> of objects I experiment some sudden crashes every now and then which
>> have brought me to the point that I now hit CTRL+S without even
>> realising.
>
> There are so many ways to bring Pd to its knees by doing funny patching,

It's not my case, no funny patching at all.
I have now realised it happens mostly when I save an abstraction which
is used a few times (in the order of 25, not thousands) in the main patch.

I think it must be some gem object because I think I did this thousands
of times with PD alone (though I try to avoid it if I can), and with no
crashes....

Obviously if I happen to find a 100% reproducible case I'll post it.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com