[PD] gem.conf

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Sun Dec 13 21:11:40 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> Why introduce a new method of configuration when you can do this all
> with Pd messages?  It seems to me to overcomplicate things for a tiny
> gain.  Gem is already complicated as it is, now there is yet another way
> to configure it: messages, env vars, and a special conf file.  I don't
> see any reason why this all can't be handled by messages and a [loadbang].

the nice thing is that you don't have to use it if you don't like it....

i will not use it because i also prefer the "everything in one patch" : you have less surprises when sharing patches.
(that is also why i think a good patch is a patch that could start with -nopref flag on pd startup)

but i would understand someone that set gemwin framerate at 50 fps because the default 20 fps is a nonsense...

cyrille