[PD] shouldn't message boxes work as gui elements?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 20:53:26 CET 2010

Jonathan Wilkes escribió:

> As for nonlocal send and receive on the current msg box: you've already
> got a nonlocal send by starting the message box with a semicolon.

That's a different thing. It's not just a matter of being able or not
being able to send a message to wherever, it is a matter of how the box
behaves.
As a user, would you be happy if you were filling a form and there was
an input field with a label that says:
"Please enter your name and surname, preceded by a semicolon, a newline,
the word 'name' in all lower case without quotes, and a white space"?

:)

However, I think you are right in that the "gui-element message box"
(like a numberbox for messages) should probably be a different object
than the "traditional" message box, and (I add) it should probably not
allow semicolon and embedded-target-syntax (i.e. sending messages to
arbitrary targets included in the message itself) because you couldn't
in any possible way preventing the user to use it (involuntarily) to
send messages to the wrong target.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com