[PD] triggering audio

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 04:51:33 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl> wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> looks like you haven't gotten to the later AUDIO TUTORIALS chapters:

if I can beg the forgiveness of the list and make another post:

I've been reading over the answers presented to me and realize that I
completely failed at asking my question.  let me give it another try,
this time I'll tell you what I want to do in terms that make more
sense to me:

first, I do not want to load samples or sound files of any kind (yet).
 this is where I messed up when I said "triggering audio."

let's say I have an osc~ object, and I want to turn it on and off in a
rhythmic fashion, say every quarter note, as if I were playing quarter
notes on my midi keyboard.  what objects/methods do I need to learn
about to do that?  I'm guess I need to look in the control section,
but all of the examples don't actually play anything, they are just
examples.  I really need to see *how* to use them (I have trouble
"connecting the dots" as it were).

I have many more questions, but I'll stop there and digest whatever comes at me.

thank you again, and sorry for messing up the first time!

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com