[PD] [PD-announce] LiWoLi 2010 - Open Call

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 26 12:05:51 CET 2010

Open Call LiWoLi 2010 Linz!

We are happy that we are able to announce that LiWoLi 2010 is taking
place once again at the Kunstuniversitaet Linz 15 - 17 April 2010!

We are looking forward getting your contributions along our this
years topic The Art of 'doing it togehter' (DIT)

Please read the submission guidelines before filling
out the form for Liwoli 2010 until 19/03/2010 and send it to:
call2010-liwoli at servus.at

Submission form: http://linz.linuxwochen.at/content/open-call
Submission form:  http://linz.linuxwochen.at/de/content/open-call

Your LiWoLi Team!
Plain Text Version english

  / /(_) / /\ \ \___   / /(_)
 / / | \ \/  \/ / _ \ / / | |
/ /__| |\  /\  / (_) / /__| |
\____/_| \/  \/ \___/\____/_|	2010

The Art of 'doing it togehter' (DIT)
15 - 17 April 2010 - Kunstuniversitaet Linz

LiWoLi 2010 is an open lab focusing on Free /Open Source Software
(FLOSS), Open Hardware and open contents in digital art and culture.
This event will offer workshops, lectures, presentations and
performances. For anyone interested in these subjects, participation
in the entire program is free.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
O P E N   C A L L
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Art of 'doing it together' (DIT)
With the development and the use of free and Open Source Software
and Hardware the cultural practice of DIY (Do it yourself) emerges.
DIY often means to those who practice it to see one's self-believe
and the own strength as a driving force for changes.

LiWoLi raises the question of whether a practice of 'doing it
together' (DIT) might be a more successful formula for developing
free tools (FLOSS tools) for art & culture, learning & teaching.
This also implies examining the motivation of active producers and
making room for the aspect of "unpaid work".

We are interested in contributions from groups that have realized
projects 'successfully' or even 'less successfully' under the aspect
of DIT in the field of Free and Open Source Software (FLOSS), open
hardware, art & culture, learning & teaching, and want to make their
'tools and works' freely available and distribute them.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
C a t e g o r i e s
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Free and Open Source Tools

# FLOSS (free/libre Open Source Software), Open Hardware tools.
Projects developed by groups or projects in search for cooperation

# Free and Open Source Software - Sharing, Learning & Teaching
Models and forms of organization for cooperation in Open Source
Software and Open Hardware at universities, within organizations or
companies and outside of institutions.

# Hack Reality
Pointed as well as entertaining contributions on the subject of art,
plagiarism, the end of art, interventions analog or digital,
plagiarism copyright / copyfight, existence, world improvement,...

Fill out the Submission Form
english Version: http://linz.linuxwochen.at/content/open-call
german Version:  http://linz.linuxwochen.at/de/content/open-call
LiWoLi 2010 is supportet by: BM:UKK, Kunstuniversitaet Linz