[PD] osx pduino: nothing works

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Mar 9 21:50:08 CET 2010

Hey HC,

yes I was religious about matching Firmatas between versions. I even had
Koray here looking over my shoulder to see if I was doing anything
stupid. He agreed that all versions of StandardFirmata we tried were
buggy on OSX.

We are using Arduino 18. I don't see OldStandardFirmata anywhere in the
Pduino-0.5beta6 zip I downloaded, nor do I see a StandardFirmataV2.1
anywhere. Are we looking at the same download? What are you referring to?

In short, we've gotten AnalogFirmata to work, but not StandardFirmata
(too big for Atmega8) or StandardFirmataV2_0 (numerous errors). Some of
the student projects require both Analog and Digital outputs, can you
pls point me in the direction of something that works?

I will try changing the baudrate in Firmata V2.0 to 57600 and see what
happens.

Best,
Derek

--