[PD] osx pduino: nothing works

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Mar 10 17:48:12 CET 2010

Hi HC,

thanks for clarification. I will try to find some time to stick it in
the FLOSS Manual Pduino chapters later on. I did get the ATMEGA8s
running with the new baudrate, now I have a problem with the ATMEG328
but I will deal with that tomorrow.

I tried to get all 12 students using same versions of everything but
you know how hard that can be. What was supposed to be a 10 minute
installation took the entire afternoon, along with questions about
motors, circuits, mechanics and everything else in the middle of
debugging. Not an optimal moment for concentration to fix a glitch...
maybe I will stick to hardware-only workshops from now on, computers
are only good for causing ulcers and hairloss!

I landed here Sunday and started the workshop the next morning so I
had no time to investigate what hardware the school had. I told them
they should upgrade the ATMEGAs they have but you know how long that
takes at any kind of institution ;-)

Best from Helsinki!
D.