[PD] Future of Motorsounds in Electric Cars and Games

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 16:48:54 CEST 2010

This last paragraph inviting a minimum noise standard
is reasonable.

> On Wednesday, the president of the NFB's Maryland chapter planned to
> present written testimony asking for a minimum sound standard for
> hybrids to be included in the state's ..

And along with that a maximum noise standard, why not?

With some proper psycho-acoustic, perceptual and
physics research to determine suitable warnings for
given speeds then sound signature related to speed would
make sense.

A functional rather than aestheic approach would stop
the streets being turned into a jumble of
confusing, competeing noises and actually help blind
_and_ sighted people make judgements.