[PD] "new wrap incompatible object" error

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 17 09:13:25 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-17 04:51, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Patches welcome.  At this point I'm satisified with keeping an error
> message for the 0.42 release, then downgrading it to a warning in 0.43

i most likely don't have time.
but the pd-extended built-in [wrap] should _only_ emit errors/warnings
if the object is used in a way that is incompatible.
creating [wrap] (pd-vanilla, or zexy; and i guess others as well), will
wrap between [0,1).
this is 100% compatible; issueing an error doesn't do any good.

the same goes for [wrap 1] or [wrap 0 1] (however, the vanilla object
will silently ignore the arguments, even though their presence might
suggest that they have a meaning; so i guess it would be ok if there was
a warning whenever arguments were used)