[PD] Res: dislocated cursor on comments

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Aug 23 17:27:41 CEST 2010

On Aug 22, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Eduardo Patricio wrote:
>
>> Yep. GridFlow is loaded.
>
> Would you prefer it if I made it optional ?
>
> For example, in next version, I'd say «If you don't want the UTF-8
> hack, you go in the gridflow folder, and look for a file named
> gridflow-utf-8-hack, and if you don't want it to be loaded, you
> rename it or move it or delete it.
>
> Would that be better ?
>
> (I will only remove that hack completely, just after a pd-extended
> labelled «stable» has better UTF-8 support than that).

UTF-8 is definitely useful, no one is arguing that.  The problem is
the way you are shipping it.  A much more useful way IMHO is to make
it a separate library so that people who need it can load it, and
those who don't need it don't even have to think about it.  The way
this is currently set up, people who don't want it at all have to
think about it.

This is one thing I have learned in the years of doing Pd-extended.
And that's why I'm focusing now on making each library as standalone
as possible, and make it possible for people to install libraries.

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.