[PD] a really fast-to-read codec in linux?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 24 20:11:44 CEST 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> (guess you mean p-frames and b-frames here)

You're right. (though I think I saw i-frame somewhere long ago...
Corresponds to "inter-frame").

> I thought that m-jpeg was just jpeg applied to each frame independently i.e.
> all frames were I-frames (I had read that in wikipedia).

You're probably right, but then I wouldn't know what's the difference
between Photo-JPEG and Motion-JPEG. Can Motion-JPEG-A be decoded with a
Photo-JPEG decoder ? If that's the case, then Motion-JPEG-A would be just
a different tuning of a Photo-JPEG encoder. (but Motion-JPEG-B can't be
decoded the same).

I can't tell much more that isn't just another guess.