[PD] [route] object confusion

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 29 15:57:08 CEST 2010

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Tyler Leavitt wrote:

> [listplugins( ---- [plugin~]-------[route label]-----[append $1(------[popup]

> my error is "$1: argument number out of range" so i'm pretty sure it is
> expecting a float and getting a symbol. i'm sure this is a pretty basic
> p:d concept but i can't grasp how to send a message with a variable
> symbol coming in, if that makes sense.

You need something like [list] just after [route], because [route]
converts the $1 of 'label' into a selector (the header of the message),
and [list] converts the selector back into a $1 (except if the header is
'list', 'symbol', 'float', 'bang', or 'pointer').

If you want a no-exceptions, no-verbosity solution, there is [route3] in
GridFlow 9.11, which replaces any selector by 'list', and there is also
[route2] in GridFlow 8.4 (and later), which preserves all messages as-is.