[PD] Arduino Mega support with Pduino

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Oct 21 22:47:53 CEST 2010

Good to hear!  Now we have to sort of the troubles with the Uno...

.hc

On Oct 21, 2010, at 12:16 PM, olsen wrote:

> sorry4delay but finally i got my hands free for testing it on an
> Arduino Mega(Atmega1280) with the new arduino21 feat. firmata-2.2 &
> Pduino-0.5beta8
>
> __DigitalInput
> Works all the way up to Pin 53 - all Pins corresponding to Pins
> number in Pduino-test.pd
> __DigitalOutput
> Same here
> __PWM
> works for all PWM pins from 2-13
> __servo
> works for all PWM pins from 2-13
> __AnalogInput
> on Pin 0-15 getting proper input
>
> seems like getting full marks for this piece of software
>
> thanks hans et al.!
> salutis
>

> On 09/04/2010 01:52 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> So I am just coming back to trying to support the Arduino Mega. I
>> think
>> the situation is improved, but not perfect. The Arduino Mega's pin
>> numbering mess will always make things confusing, IMHO. The latest
>> Firmata is included in Arduino 0019 RC2, so that's the thing to use
>> test it. Here's how to get Arduino 0019 RC2:
>>
>> http://arduino.cc/pipermail/developers_arduino.cc/2010-August/003224.html
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Mar 30, 2010, at 7:21 AM, olsen wrote:
>>
>>> Ej Hans
>>> very nice! i went back to my flock of arduinos for testing.
>>> with the duemilanueve/328 ev'ry thing seems to work fine!
>>> though with the Mega there's some lack in the well-behaviour that i
>>> would like to report:
>>>
>>> __DigitalInput
>>> No DigitalInput on Pins 0 to 8 and 12&13
>>> Putting a physical digital input on pin 9 to 11 in pduino the state
>>> for all these pins is always displayed on digital input 12!
>>>
>>> __DigitalOutput
>>> DigitalOutput only on Pin 10-13 and to get pin 13 high i've to
>>> checkerbox pin 15 in pduino
>>>
>>> Seems there's some kind of trouble with the Pin settings and their
>>> represenation in pduino.
>>>
>>> __PWM
>>> pwm output is working on the proper Pins & from Pin 2 to 10 & 13 -
>>> on
>>> Pin 11 and 12 i could not get any pwm out.
>>>
>>> __servo
>>> servo output is working on the proper Pins & from Pin 2 to 13!
>>>
>>> __AnalogInput
>>> Pin 0-7 giving here proper input
>>>
>>> i'll get the nano testing within the next days & also try to get my
>>> hands dirty for some testing on OSX
>>> if there's anything else i could help ping me up!
>>> thanks again for this nice piece of software! to my experience so
>>> far
>>> for pd/arduino-newbies pduino is pretty much facilitating
>>> sensorymotor
>>> processing!
>>> thumbs up & salutis

>>> --
>>> ETs DNA will not be televised

>> "A cellphone to me is just an opportunity to be irritated wherever
>> you
>> are." - Linus Torvalds
>>

> --
> ETs DNA will not be televised
> http://hasa-labs.org

I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country."  Nobody
gives their life for anything.  We steal the lives of these kids.  -
Admiral Gene LeRocque