[PD] OSC messages without / (fwd)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 09:38:13 CEST 2010

Hi Leandro

Sorry for not having responded quickly.

I know that OSC supports so-called bundled messages. However, I haven't
yet investigated how they actually work. It seems like your Max patch is
sending bundled OSC messages. It seems like those are tagged with a
'#bundle' and obviously the '/' is prepended to #bundle tag instead of
the OSC address.

I don't have a solution at hand for this, since it makes OSC message
parsing in the byte realm even more complex.

Probably there are some other ways to 'de-bundle' those messages first
before prepending them a '/'? (Question to the commmunity)

Roman

P.S.: I think this discussion is still interesting for the list, so I
cc'ed to the list.