[PD] mailing list

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Dec 13 17:46:52 CET 2010

I appreciate the concern, but honestly I think the best solution is to
just ignore the trolling.  If its too much, may I suggest filtering
the list in your mailer?

.hc

On Dec 13, 2010, at 7:02 AM, ALAN BROOKER wrote:

> Jurgen:
> I don't agree that it is a “ extremely violent” comment because it
> is a suggestion rather than any sort of threat? Perhaps you be a bit
> more specific by what you mean. In any case, it is reasonable thing
> to say- if you are not happy with the people here don't subscribe to
> the list. “If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything
> at all”
> Everybody's contribution and comments to the list are good because
> they contribute to ongoing processes. What you personally consider
> useful obliges nobody else but you.
>
> Would like to explain just how useful and constructive ydegoyon's
> previous comment was in that “there are only three collaborators and
> you call that a community”? What is the point is saying that? You
> must agree it is a comment to really just take the piss out of the
> developers and is demotivating. Hardly sensible discourse
>
> Do you think that your own way of reacting to posts here should be
> elevated to become standard of the entire group? What an idea!
>
> No, that is not the case at all, and if this is the impression I
> have given , then I apologise-were all adults here and if I have
> done something wrong then I am willing to take a step back. If you
> don't agree with me, that's fair enough-like I said bad feelings
> between people is not a good thing.
>
> To just me it seems, that Sevy is pissed off and is just trying to
> piss other people off. If you like have look back at some of the
> constructive or not.
>

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM, jurgen <noise.now at gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally found your suggestion to ydegoyon to unsubscribe if
> he's not happy extremely violent and inappropriate. Do you think
> that your own way of reacting to posts here should be elevated to
> become standard of the entire group? What an idea!
>
> Everybody's contribution and comments to the list are good because
> they contribute to ongoing processes. What you personally consider
> useful obliges nobody else but you.
>

> On Dec 13, 2010, at 6:30 PM, ALAN BROOKER wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Who moderates the mailing list and what are the rules in regards
> to inappropriate/aggressive comments?

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice,
it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith