[PD] libraries in Pd-extended 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Dec 14 20:44:31 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 15:53 +0100, ydegoyon at gmail.com wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 05:01 +0100, ydegoyon at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >> that's really crazy what you did here :
> >>
> >> http://puredata.info/community/projects/software/unauthorized
> >>
> >> sorry i haven't seen any recent case of exploitation
> >> that reaches that level
> >>
> >> respect!
> >>
> >> sevy
> >>
> > I thought you might want to promote your software.  Its editable, change
> > it if you want.
> >
> > .hc
> >

> ok after all these useless discussions,
> i'll stick to my first and initial decision,
> not use pd-extended anymore,
> pure:dyne packages are more complete anyway.
>
> but i want my stuff to be taken out of pd-extended,
> otherwise it just shows your lack of respect
> to the authors,
> and i'm bored to speak to lawyers
> instead of honest people.

I mean no disrespect.  When you released 'unauthorized' under the GPL,
you made a promise to your users that 'unauthorized' would remain free
software.  That is the meaning of the GPL.  I am merely acting on this
promise that you made many years ago, a promise that you have done a
good job sticking to until now.

And for the record, no one said that PDP is being removed from
Pd-extended.