[PD] HID in Ubuntu 10.04

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:11:18 CET 2011

Hello,

I recently mentioned in a post that i had to run pd as root in order to use
HID.
I just opened the hid object in ubuntu 10.04, without running pd a root, and
much to my surprise it works flawlessly with my gamepad.

Is the ubuntu distro just getting insanely awesome or what? I can use HID
without being root and i get a 5ms latency without having to install a
patched rt kernel. Is this heaven? Please pinch me.

Seriously, regarding HID, is this a security issue that will be fixed in the
next updates or is it permanently there? Or did Hans fix something in the
code?

I'm happy right now.

Pierre