[PD] standard encoding of pd files in each system?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:59:39 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 22:54 +0100, João Pais wrote:

> > For converting, I like moocow/any2bytes and moocow/bytes2any.
>
> I think I had a look at it as well. do you have any comparative reason for
> that one instead of the other? or it was just the first one to get to you?

One important thing to know is that [mrpeach/str] only works with
Pd-extended, but not with Pd-vanilla as it requires some modifications
to m_pd.h.

Btw.... @Martin: Do you think it's time again to to try to get the blob
support into Pd-vanilla? I think that [str] would be utterly useful also
in vanilla and it didn't seem to have caused any problem in Pd-extended,
did it?

Roman