[PD] FLOSS book Lists chapter

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Feb 21 23:45:16 CET 2011

I agree avoiding horizontal connections is good.  the 5% of the time
when segmented patch cord are useful is when you need to take a patch
cord from the bottom to the top of a patch to make a loop.

.hc

On Feb 19, 2011, at 4:12 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> How can you say that segmented patch cords are bad 95% of the time
> when they are not even available in Pd 100% of the time?
>
> Just to take Miller's "Techniques" as an example, if there were
> segmented patch cords then all of his horizontal connections could
> be made unambiguous by having about 5px of vertical cord segment
> directly above the inlet.
>
> Also, I've never seen you complain about any of the ASCII art on the
> this list, which often (surely more than 5% of the time) uses "-"
> and "|" at 90-degree angles and "+" to make segmented patch cords.
>
> -Jonathan
>
> From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>;

I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country."  Nobody
gives their life for anything.  We steal the lives of these kids.  -
Admiral Gene LeRocque