[PD] Another arduino weirdness

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 23:45:52 CEST 2011

On 06/14/2011 11:01 PM, Martin wrote:
> On 14/06/11 04:44 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>> On 06/14/2011 09:58 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> With this:
>>>
>>> [arduino]
>>>       [print ARDUINO]
>>>

> Well maybe you have different versions of [comport]. The 'open' message
> is output after the [comport] object receives an [info( message from
> within the Pd patch: it's not related to the arduino.

Yes that accounts for the "open" message which would come from
[comport]'s right outlet.

But there are other messages sent by the arduino, such as the ones
reporting the firmware version, which are being lost.

I've found out that if I send the arduino the "version" message, then
these messages _are_ received (also in Windows), while when the Arduino
send them just after connecting, they are lost in Windows.

So I think there must be an issue either in the Windows version of
[comport] or in the Windows drivers, that if a message is received too
soon after connecting, it is lost.