[PD] Pd performance at TED

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 18:42:32 CEST 2011

To loosely echo my favourite cowboy philosopher Rick Roderick:

If you have an ideology the people most dangerous are those
close to you with similar ideas, because they might hold you
to your own values. ( it's a great gift to those in the business of
divide and conquer that minor differences are easily stirred into
great schisms, e.g. The Judean People's Front... splitters!).
Thus, nominally democratic governments never had anything to fear
from Fascism, Communism, or Radical belief systems, rather it's those
who espouse freedom and democracy that need to watched, because
people might begin take them seriously. That's one of the few
places where the "elegant suspicion" of a post-modernist celebration
of difference works. And why, before getting into a fight ones
suspicions should be, not of ones potential enemy, but whose interests
(outside the situation) would it suit that we are at odds?
Then you often find it possible to trace inflammatory comments to
that source.

a.

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>