[PD] [OT] technological parody was: Pd performance at TED

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:40:10 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How is the guitar hero example not just an example of locked down
> proprietary consoles
> vs. free software ideals?

I think you missed the contrast.  Pd is clearly not a "technological
parody", even if it looks like just a software version of patching together
synthesizers/effects.  That was the point.  I think we're going to suck all
the fun out of this expression now... I do this often enough on the list.

Other than that--GH is stupid.  and I think that's a perfectly good reason
to trash it.  I selected it as the first real example of something that I
think is a joke of technology.