[PD] [OT] technological parody was: Pd performance at TED

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 23:47:48 CEST 2011

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:33:03 -0500
Charles Henry <czhenry at gmail.com> wrote:

> so, I guess you mean to say that a *real* parody has to be intentional?  I
> doubt the creators of the robotic beer fridge thought they were creating a
> parody--but the sheer impracticality and high-technology implementation
> *makes* it one.

Chindogu is a technology parody It must must be completely unneccessary, or
detrimental to the actual goal, while seeming superficially plausible;
so battery operated rotating spaghetti forks and hats with fans to keep you
cool (but beware of fan death, and never wear them to bed).

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>