[PD] GEM and gmerlin

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:43:56 CEST 2011

Ok, now with the latest version of GEM from SVN:

>> --with-gmerlin_avdec-libs=/usr/local/lib/
>
> that's usually not needed, as /usr/local/lib is searched by default.

great. but...:

> well, this:
>> use gmerlin          : no
>
> is merely a summary at the end of the test; if it fails and should not,
> then you might want to look at the actual output of tests (somewhere in
> the middle of configure's output), and if this doesn't give you any
> clues, inspect the generated config.log

from ./configure (and after ./autogen.sh):

checking for PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_CFLAGS...
checking for PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_LIBS...
checking for gmerlin_avdec-config... no
checking for gavl_start in -lgmerlin_avdec... no

Although I do get:

moviefile-support
    use PLUGINS	: yes (ignore missing support below)
    use mpeg             : no
    use mpeg-3          : no
    use QuickTime      : no
    use aviplay            : no
    use gmerlin           : no

> anyhow, the following makes me a bit suspicious:
>> I have succesfully compiled and installed gmerlin
>
> gmerlin is a media-player;
> the video-decoding code is a separate library called "gmerlin-avdecoder"
> (which gmerlin can optionally use)
> despite the common mentioning of "gmerlin backend for Gem", the
> video-decoding backend in question is really "gmerlin-avdecoder".

I installed:

gmerlin-dependencies-20110108
gmerlin-all-in-one-20110108

And in /usr/local/lib i can see:

libgmerlin_avdec.la
libgmerlin_avdec.so
libgmerlin_avdec.so.1
libgmerlin_avdec.so.1.0.0
libgmerlin_gtk.la
libgmerlin_gtk.so
libgmerlin_gtk.so.0
libgmerlin_gtk.so.0.0.0
libgmerlin.la
libgmerlin.so
libgmerlin.so.0
libgmerlin.so.0.0.0

> so you might simply have installed the wrong thing, and therefore Gem
> cannot see it.

It doesn't look like the wrong thing, but I might be wrong...

do let me know: