[PD] GEM and gmerlin

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jun 24 10:44:54 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-23 11:43, Jaime Oliver wrote:

> from ./configure (and after ./autogen.sh):
>
> checking for PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_CFLAGS...
> checking for PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_LIBS...
> checking for gmerlin_avdec-config... no
> checking for gavl_start in -lgmerlin_avdec... no

ah, it seems like the pkg-config files for gmerlin-avdec are not
properly installed on your system.
(check with: $ pkg-config --libs gmerlin_avdec)

here it says:
> checking for PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_CFLAGS...
> checking for PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_LIBS... -lgmerlin_avdec -lgavl

the fallback test fails, since libgmerlin_avdec also depends on libgavl,
wand this info is only derived from pkg-config.

> Although I do get:
>
> I installed:
>
> gmerlin-dependencies-20110108
> gmerlin-all-in-one-20110108
>
> It doesn't look like the wrong thing, but I might be wrong...
>
> do let me know:

this definitely looks ok.
i wonder why there is no .pc file installed (or why pkg-config cannot
find it)
if you don't want to spend time trying to find out, you could just
provide the PKG_CONFIG flags yourself with something like.
$ ./configure PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_CFLAGS=""
PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -lgmerlin_avdec -lgavl"

fgmasdr
IOhannes