[PD] Pd performance at TED

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jun 25 18:57:46 CEST 2011

>>> It's where you take something like a modern digital computer and do
>>> DSP by using an interface modeled after 30 year-old analog audio
>>> equipment.

>> Therefore Pd is a technological parody ?

> I think a lot of the folks who are disappointed with this being at TED

I said « Therefore Pd is a technological parody ? > because it takes a
modern digital computer and does DSP by using an interface modeled after
30 year-old analog audio equipment : I'm talking about a patching
interface with inlets, outlets and patchcords. It has nothing to do with
TED, really, just laughing about the coïncidence between the above
explanation of the parody aspect and an explanation of what Pd is.