[PD] [soundtouch~] pitch shifter for Pure Data

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 00:24:45 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> hey Katja,
>
> I am trying your soundtouch~ on Ubuntu/Maverick.  First I tried the
> included binary, then I built it from source. Both ways I got this:
>
> soundtouch~.pd_linux: soundtouch~.pd_linux: undefined symbol: _Znaj

Are you building for a 64 bit system? I have tried that several times,  and
can't remember all the details, but that wouldn't make much of a difference
because so far I never succeeded to make it load. For Linux 32 bit (Ubuntu,
Debian), I have not seen this issue. But I don't know by head which gcc
version was used for these.

When building the soundtouch~ class for Windows with latest mingw, I had a
problem with missing libs, and this could be solved by including cflags;

-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++

For what I understand this is a specific feature of mingw, where they have
(recently) split the gnu standard library in smaller units, for which you
can choose to include them statically or supply dll's. I have noticed the
discussion on the list about this topic. But now I wonder if 64 bit Linux,
or maybe gcc 4.5, have adopted a similar approach? I am mostly on OSX and
Debian with not so new GNU tools.

Katja