[PD] Help with [pix_multiblob]'s outlet.

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 27 19:42:59 CEST 2011

Le 2011-09-25 à 10:19:00, Eduardo Rosario a écrit :

> Ain't got no problem getting the list of numbers from the rightmost
> outlet, but don't really understand what each one of those stands for:
> size(weighted),

Sum of all pixel values.

> centerX(weighted), centerY(weighted),

you take the sum of all products of pixel values with x positions, and
then you divide by the weighted size. This gives you a value in pixel
units, which is an average horiz position.

likewise for y.

> minX, minY, maxX, maxY, area. I know [pix_multiblob] makes a matrix to
> get the results, but I don't know how does that work neither.

Use [list split 8] and [unpack f f f f f f f f], either several copies or
recursively.

Or use GridFlow or iemmatrix.