[PD] Keyboard shortcuts for "nudge", "done editing"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Sep 28 17:33:51 CEST 2011

On Sep 28, 2011, at 11:16 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Le 2011-09-28 à 20:12:00, Simon Wise a écrit :
>
>> Many parts are more widely usable than the GPL allows, but you
>> would need to check the license for that part before doing so ...
>> the only thing that the distribution claims is that its contents
>> are all compatible with GPL3.
>
> I just downloaded Pd 0.42.5-extended binary for Ubuntu 10.10 and
> clicked about Pd. It says :
>
> « Pd is copyrighted but is free for you to use for any reasonable
> purpose under the GNU GPL version 3 . Follow the link for more
> details about the license: »
>
> and then when clicking, it says « Parts of this package can be used
> under Pd’s BSD license » at the top, not saying which part. Clicking
> on that link you get :
>
> « This software is copyrighted by Miller Puckette and others.  The
> following terms (the "Standard Improved BSD License") apply to all
> files associated with the software unless explicitly disclaimed in
> individual files: »
>
> So, it does not acknowledge of any BSD code that isn't copyrighted
> by Miller, while not saying right away that Miller is the guy who
> holds the copyright to the core (not counting expr~), and it's
> confusing people by claiming GPL3 status in a way that would make
> people believe that the core part is GPL3 too.

If you read the terms of the other licenses, you will see that Pd-
extended is complying with them.  Their license files are intact and
included.  If not, its a bug, and that should be added to the bug
tracker.  For example, the New BSD license does not require that I
post that license info everywhere (the original one did).

.hc