[PD] expr alternative

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 03:53:30 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

It's worse than that-- they want to lock their customers into using their hardware
only in the ways they intend.  Ever tried syncing an Ipad with a free software
operating system?

Free software devs spend an inordinate amount of time getting free software
operating systems to work with hardware for which the manufacture gives very
little documentation or support whatsoever-- not to mention hardware like Apple's
which gets periodic firmware updates specifically to break compatibility with
anything other than Itunes.  So it's not even really about refusing to give back to the
community-- it's about making the device less useful by arbitrarily limiting what the
user can do with it.  I can't think of a better polar opposite for pure data.

-Jonathan