[PD] [PD-announce] Windows and Debian packages for PuREST JSON

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Mon Jan 30 20:20:13 CET 2012

Hi,

On 30.01.2012 14:52, m.e.grimm wrote:
> great! Thanks!
>
> works! ... i just get a pd crash when message
> "http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=%23puredata" is sent to
> [rest-json]

Oops, that was a bug that I reintroduced during some code cleanup. I
have fixed it in git with commit cee81ff:
https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/commit/cee81ff94d044caec1c722cb47b54bdd416ef592

Feel free to post any bugs at https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/issues

> i will be nice when the oauth is implemented. i was just looking at
> this recently to send twitter updates... any idea when this might
> work?

Right now, I am merging the helpful patches from Hans-Christoph Steiner
and writing compilation docs in the Github wiki, cleaning out edges etc.
When that is done, I will tag it 0.6, and make some binary packages.

After that, I will start with OAuth. The problem with OAuth is not so
much a programming problem, but more of a design problem. What should be
done in the Pd object, what is the responsibility of the user, how to
deal with using one object to get data from different servers, how is
OAuth really implemented at each provider, etc.

I will start off with some ideas and then post some stuff in the Github
wiki.

> great job... really cool stuff...

Thanks.

All the best,
Thomas
--
"Anything can be a tool - poverty, war. War is useful because it
is effective in so many areas." (Bijaz to Hayt in: Frank Herbert -