[PD] GUI and DSP

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Feb 18 20:06:54 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-11 à 13:58:00, Ivica Ico Bukvic a écrit :

> JUCE is amazing in terms of gui speed-up. Just check out bundled demos
> that come with the sdk... Half of Gem could be easily reimplemented
> using JUCE sdk...

Looks nice, but the window border of JuceDemo is weird. JuceDemo disables
the WM-made border, and puts its own border, which doesn't seem to
interpret «Maximise» the same way that the WM does, and is perhaps even
buggy.

And what would be the cause of JUCE being slow on some computers ? I don't
think that it would be acceptable that JUCE be mysteriously slow on some
computers that aren't even old (if that's really what's happening).