[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 tests builds usable again

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 19 17:31:51 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-02 à 22:12:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> On Feb 2, 2012, at 1:59 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> Pd is «half» of a Cocoa app, because on one hand Tcl/Tk on OSX is a
>> portability layer over Cocoa, but on the other hand doesn't follow
>> every convention specified by Cocoa, and isn't designed to let a Tcl/Tk
>> app access every existing Cocoa feature either.
>
> Tk/Cocoa is Cocoa, Pd-extended is still using Tk/Carbon.  Hopefully we
> can switch to Tk/Cocoa in 0.44.

Right. What I say only applies if replacing the word Cocoa by the word
Carbon. In any case, making Tk buttons and sliders on either Tk/Carbon or
Tk/Cocoa gives round Aqua buttons & sliders using Apple's code (no
imitation), but people using Tk are often not trying to follow Apple's UI
guidelines, except maybe the most important ones.