[PD] [OT] Music Notation in linux

BanjoBob Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:48:12 CET 2012

Hey Guys

Sorry if this is on the wrong list, but I'm looking for an open source package to prepare some choral sheet music. So far I've found musescore, note edit and lilypond, but I'm not sure if I want to use any of them. Has written any sheet music in linux? Any advice on what to use?

Lilypond looks interesting, edited in plain text, then prepares a score as an image. It's a command-line scoring package!!! But I'm not sure if I want to learn to read the text file, which would be needed to write music in it.

Anyway, I'm willing to listen to any advice on this.

Andrew