[PD] pix_openni crash Pd

Jack jack at rybn.org
Tue Feb 28 14:47:32 CET 2012

Le 28/02/2012 06:25, Matthias Kronlachner a écrit :
> Am 28.02.12 00:00, schrieb Jack:
>> Le 27/02/2012 15:51, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :

>> OK, i upgraded Gem to ver: 0.93.git f1a1841 and now i can render the
>> scene without crash.
>> But, i can't see anything working there : I get a blue sphere where
>> it is write 'gem' and a white rectangle in the top-left corner (even
>> if i select 'rgb 1' in [pd properties]).
>> If i click on the message 'video_mode' in this subpatch, Pd crash.
>> And if i click on 'bang', nothing happens in the console (there is no
>> available modes).
>> I miss something ?
>> One comment : it is very strange to see two [gemhead] connected
>> directly in [pix_openni]. Is there a meaning ?
>> Thanx for help.
>> ++
>>
>> Jack
> hi!
>
> did you check if the examples included in OpenNI and Nite work? (eg.
> Sample-NiSimpleViewer, Sample-SceneAnalysis)
> they should be somewhere in the Samples/Bin folder.
> if they don't work, pix_openni won't work.
>
> ok the crash with video_mode and depth_mode msg is fixed now. but it
> happend only if image or depth was not started. i was a little bit
> lazy testing everything without working kinect plugged in.
> if you send a [bang( it now writes an error message to the console if
> no device is available.
>

> so i think you have a problem with your openni/sensor kinect installation.
> did you install sensor kinect? this is the driver which allows openni
> to access the kinect sensor. (https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect)
> you also need the unstable release of OpenNI (-> see install
> instructions from SensorKinect)
>

> the two gemheads have a meaning - of course.
> pix_openni outputs two separated pixes - one "rgb" image from the
> camera (left gemhead and outlet) and one depth image in various
> formats from the depthsensor (right gemhead and outlet).
> actually it's more implementation side - it could be realized with one
> gemhead as well. but i did it this way and for me it's logical.
> you can also make it with one gemhead and a [t a a] if it looks better
> for you:
>
> [gemhead]
> [t a a]
> |     |
> [pix_openni]
>
> matthias

Hello,

OK, it is working now.

In the pix_openni/README, i would prefer to follow these instructions in
5 steps (in the middle of the page) :
http://groups.google.com/group/openni-dev/browse_thread/thread/49a4dd13c045c1a2
instead of :
*    get and install OpenNI, NITE and the hacked Primesense Kinect driver
     --> instruction: https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
     http://www.openni.org/Downloads/OpenNIModules.aspx

And all should be OK.

Matthias, the hand tracking should work fine ?
Thanx for this external.
++

Jack