[PD] what makes Pd-extended 0.43 so CPU-hungry?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 4 18:00:33 CEST 2012

I honestly don't know the cause, and haven't really checked on numbers.  I mostly work on my four year old laptop, and test by running patches I know (solitude is a good test of heavy CPU usage, it won't run on a machine less than 1.6GHz, from my experience).

As for drawing operations like anti-aliasing, those would not show up in the 'pd' process, but rather the 'pd-gui' process, since that's the Tk part.

Are you seeing the CPU increase in the 'pd' process?  How are you measuring this?

.hc