[PD] send a message with IEM/bang

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Wed Jun 20 00:26:28 CEST 2012

Hello,

in a dynamic GUI patching project, I'm using a bang that would destroy itself and some other objects that come along with it.
[bang] is dynamically contructed then bang would need a callback abstraction, or a 'settable receive'.

 Maybe such thing would be possible by using a slider instead of a bang, and setting max and min value to a number attributed to this graphical element, but it makes more sense graphicaly to use a bang for that, we know that bang doesn't output anything else than 'bang', so my question is: why not telling [bang] to output a message, and using only 'bang' for default?

Colet Patrice