[PD] sending band/float/symbol via network to pd-vanilla

Sebastian Dorda hagish at schattenkind.net
Thu Jul 5 15:41:30 CEST 2012

> YOu can use netreceive and then make a patch to distribute the messages.
>
> Easiest way, although inefficient, is each time a mesage arrives, empty
> out a message box, put in a semicolon ("addsemi" message) and then add
> the incoming message (using [list prepend add] adn [list trim].

It took my a while to figure this out but now it works.
Thanks for the hint.

Now I use a netreceive with an empty message box.
To send a bang to "test123" I transmit the following via tcp from the game.

set;                  // clears the box
addsemi;              // just adds a ;
add test123 bang;     // adds my message: test123 bang;
bang;                 // trigger rerouting and transmits bang to test123

Just in case somebody encounters the same problem.

> More sporting way is to use a [send] with no arguments, and then with
> list and trigger magic get the first symbol to the right inlet and the
> rest to
> the left.

Currently the above solution works good enough for us. So I did not try
this one.