[PD] ipoke~_v.3_test1 for Pd

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 20:55:07 CEST 2012

Hi Alex,

I suppose the 'bigger picture' is that we have accomplished the 1st step in
attempting to plug a perceived lack in current Pd which is a [tabwrite4~]
object.  [ipoke~] for MaxMSP came up a few times on the list recently and
someone mentioned 'could we get the source off him?'   So I asked P.A. if
we could port it over to Pd and figure out his approach to the
interpolating buffer writer problem/lack.

This a small crew of us have done (Katja mainly).  We're now in the middle
of inserting antialiasing and cubic interpolation (Matt, Katja and Chuck)
with P.A. and Alex pitching in and porting it back into Max as a v.4.

Me, I like to use it in looping stuff with on-the-fly pitchshifting (for
example).  Other usages includes physical modelling and doppler type stuff
plus whatever we can think of?

We're not saying it's a game changer but we are confident that it can plug
a small hole and hopefully it is well designed and built.

Hope that helps and cheers for checking it out.

Regards,

Julian