[PD] playing soundcloud files

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 26 16:05:04 CEST 2012

Do you work with any other programming languages? Soundcloud has a very good api which can provide you with useful info including a url to stream specific tracks, etc. but it's pretty advanced and you'd have to learn to use their authentication system.
docs are here: http://developers.soundcloud.com/docs#errors

Alternatively,  it might help to know that if a soundcloud track allows downloading you can always add '/download' to the end of the url and get download an audio file (in the format it was uploaded in).

good luck
andrew