[PD] namespaces in help files [was: Re: [pd] osc processing array to the pd table]

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Mon Oct 1 03:06:13 CEST 2012

> De: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>

> > I use to remove all the stuff at startup and use this namespace/
> > stuff, or even
> > better, the [declare] thingy in main patches,
> > then it's easier to figure out what's happening.
> >
> > It would be cool to have this in help files,
>
> That shouldn't be necessary if the author uses the libdir format
> because the binaries are in the same directory as the help files
> and Pd looks there first for the objects.
>
> Unfortunately that same behavior doesn't apply for abstractions
> but it should.

Hi Jonathan, and thanks for answering,

most of the nice pdx stuff isn't in libdir format, like iem and Gem,
the last isn't so hard to fix, it's a just a single word to put in startup file,
but the first is full of helpfiles where many different objects from different libs couldn't be created,
some even crashes pd (win32 still, 20120720 version).

 Also the main problem isn't really about figuring out what's happening in patches,
but something that has been often debated in the list, conflictual objects,
same name but different behaviors, like [counter] for example, is this has been solved after all?