[PD] more fun with translations

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Dec 28 20:39:38 CET 2012

On 12/28/2012 01:08 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> [...]

No, the idea would be there would be an editor for them, so that the strings
can be extracted and put up on transifex, and then downloaded and inserted
into a patch file.  That would be the method for bulk translation.

Making this part of the normal Pd editor would be harder.  There would need to
be a way for a patch to be marked with a locale, something like:

#X declare -locale fr_CA

Then that would make all 'text' items assumed to be fr_CA.  Then there would
need to be a way to change the visible locale.  Seems tricky to do it right in
the UI.  That's why a compiled technique is appealing.

pob just suggested another route, which is sticking the locale in the file
name, i.e bang-help.fr.pd