[PD] gui elements documentation / list

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jan 25 20:51:53 CET 2013

On 01/24/2013 05:11 PM, me.grimm wrote:
>> You need to specify the point or pixel size as part of the font:
>> $tkcanvas itemconfigure text -fill red -font {Helvetica 16}  ;# points
>> $tkcanvas itemconfigure text -fill red -font {Helvetica -16}  ;# negative
> is
>> pixels
>
> ah thats helpful thank you!
>
> it might be too much but how about turning on/off gui-plugins directly from
> a patch by sending messages to pd?
>
> also i did something like:
>
>  proc RandomInteger1 {max} {
>          return [expr {int(rand()*$max) + 1}]
>  }
>
> to randomize font size etc. right now when i open my patch i have to click
> on and off the patch to refresh.... is there just a refresh pd command i
> can send so i count refresh with a metro for example to create little
> animated randomized object boxes?
>
> i thought you could send a [;pd refresh{ or something like that but i cant
> find it. am i crazy?

One thing I want to add is a 'pd-gui' receive for sending messages to the GUI.
 This would be analogous to the 'pd' receive, i.e. [;pd dsp 1(  But that's
just an idea at this point.

For your case, I think you want to bind to the <<Loaded>> event to refresh
once the patch is finished loading.  Then also, you could bind to a FocusIn
event to make something happen whenever the window gets focus.  There are
other events you can bind to that will be useful to you:
http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/bind.htm

.hc