[PD] Apply missing

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 20:05:23 CET 2013

>________________________________

A clarification here-- if you make changes to an iemgui programmatically by sending
messages to a receive-name, it doesn't get registered in the undo history.
This is nice.  Because Pd is extremely limited in the GUI widgets it provides,
many people abuse iemguis to make things like file choosers and pop-up
menus, or even do GUI animations, which produce lots of "transient" changes
to iemguiproperties

>It would be nice if not spreading FUD were added to the mailing list netiquette...

I recently added to the netiquette guide in an attempt to make newcomers
feel more welcome on the list.  The aim is to decrease
posting anxiety, not increase it.  We should remember technology
lowers the cost to assuming good faith when people are wrong in cases
like this, so please remain lazy and resist the urge to endlessly
loop in symbolic vigilance:

[r reenter]

[spread FUD(

|     [r stop]
|     |
|     [bang; reenter But I'm acting in bad faith so why do I care about not spreading FUD?(
|     |
|     [t b b]
|     |    /
[until]   /
|        [add2 in bad faith(
|       /
|      /
|    /
|  /
|/
[Netiquette guide says Don't spread FUD(

[s stop]

-Jonathan