[PD] PCD8544 (Nokia 3110 and 5110 84×48 LCD) on Raspberry Pi

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:50:42 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Bit of an initial punt here:

Before I dive into experimenting with the above lcd display does anyone
have any experience with these and had it working with Pd?

I've bought a rather nice readymade board for use with the RPi
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=38204
and have the test python script working but currently that's about it.
Spent several hours reading around the subject and weirdly python makes my
brain hurt but C I'm very curious about and interested in (probably my
latent thinking that 'proper' Pd'ers can handle a bit of C) but to engage
directly with it in Pd somehow would be bloody marvellous.

Although I've bought it for the Pi there seems to be lots of people hooking
them up to an arduino so that made me think that maybe someone's already
been here/done that.

As per usual; any and all pointers gratefully accepted.

Best wishes to all,

Julian