[PD] pd2png : screenshots of patchs

Abel Jérôme abel.jerome at free.fr
Wed May 15 18:36:17 CEST 2013

Hi,

 > GridFlow has a Pd patch to take screenshots of other Pd patches using
X11 (so: GNU/Linux, BSD, etc, possibly OS X, unlikely to work on Windows)
 > which works for really tall patches

Yes, you're right, I saw this idea in gridflow. I will try it.

 > Well ... basically to me the way to go is really with SVG as a
starting point. Because once you have SVG, you can use one of hundred
different tools to convert to PNG, JPG or any image format you can dream of

With inkscape you can convert .ps into .svg :
inkscape pd.ps --export-plain-svg=pd.svg

I don't know if we can command Pd to print patchs in .ps (in a command
line). It could strong and cross-platform.

Jerome