[PD] l2ork externals install

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 17:35:32 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

>  I am still in the process of cleaning up externals to make sure they are
> stable and robust enough to be included. This is a time-consuming process.
> Some of the work was already started by a colleague Stephen Carl but a lot
> more work remains. If you (or anyone else) would like to contribute to this
> process, we do have a google doc up that goes through each external and
> annotates what needs to be done (e.g. is it stable, does it have robust
> documentation, like the one Jonathan has been working on, is it a GUI
> object that needs additional changes to make it "accelerated" within
> pd-l2ork etc.). That said, I think iem lib should be included as far as I
> can tell (but may be wrong as well). extra folder does have a collection of
> iem* subfolders, but I am not sure which specific object is missing. If you
> can send me specific list of objects missing I can investigate further.

Well, not a definite list, but:
- moonlib and flatspace: are in the sources, not compiled by default, but
added to LIB_TARGETS in externals/Makefile can be compiled, installed and
they do work,
- loaders(/libdir): in the sources, not compiled by default, I compiled and
installed it manually, and it works,
- miXed(/toxy): in the sources, not compiled by default, I compiled it
manually and installed it even more manually (ie make install doesn't
work), and I only tested 'widget', which party works. I need it badly
though, and 'widget popop', which I use, happens to work. Definitely needs
some massaging to be included.
- iem*: are in the sources, seem to be not compiled by default - and this
is where I chose to write to the list so cannot yet tell about
compile/install.

András